7.22.2011

Genesis Recipe

On occasion, a theme will take hold of my musings and cling to them like a vine-swinging monkey. Thanks to a fine mixture of finals, relationships, questions, and life over the past several weeks, a recipe has emerged from my mind and I'm cooking it up over the course of the next three blog posts. This recipe is entitled, "The Beginning".

Only this morning did I realize that my recent mental self-lectures all link back to Genesis. This surprises me because I've always been a little bored with Genesis, due to growing up in the church and enduring the repetitive Sunday school classes that often water down the more weighty points of the Bible. But recently I've been seeing several "Genesis-Events" with a blinking light-bulb over my head, so starting next Friday, the three-course meal begins:
The Beginning: "ALONE"
(Some Ingredients: Why do we tend to assume that feeling "lonely" means you're far from God? Is feeling "alone" wrong?)

The Beginning: "FIRST WEDDING"
(Main Ingredient: What if marriage was still so simple as that first one?)

The Beginning: "OPENED EYES & DARKENED HEARTS"
(A Garnish: What really opened and what really closed when they took that first bite?)

Hopefully all dishes will emerge unburned and cooked to perfection. You're the judges and I'm the chef. I hope you're hungry.

No comments: